A delicious salad, just display it in the holiday dinner and it will disappear in seconds.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
• 1 lettuce or French salad
• 1 red lola
• 1 green lola
• 1/2 teacup red wine
• 12 dried figs
• 1/2 teacup roasted almonds
• 100 gr. Blue cheese or gorgonzola
• 1/4 teacup balsamic cream
• 1/2 teacup olive oil
• freshly ground pepper
1. Cut the figs in half and place them in a small saucepan. Pour the wine, so as to cover the figs, let them simmer, covered with a lid for 10 minutes. Their syrup will come to be thick as honey.
2. Put the almonds in a baking pan and bake at 200oC in air for 7-8 minutes, till they become golden. Then cut them in chuncky pieces.
3. Wash the salad and drain. Cut into chunks in a salad bowl. Pour over the almonds, crushed cheese and figs.
4. In a jar or blender, add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, syrup from the cooked figs, salt and pepper. Beat to a cream.
5. At the last minute before serving, pour the salad with the cream and mix well.